- Shipping and DOA Policy
Shipping and DOA Policy
Free shipping on order of $250 or more!
$40 Flat Rate Shipping!!!
SC Residents ONLY $15 Flat Rate Shipping!!!
NC Residents ONLY $20 Flat Rate Shipping!!!
At JoeKnowsReefs.com we take pride in every bit of our work. This includes everything from stellar customer service, to safely packing and shipping your live animals. Every specimen will be securely placed in either sterile specimen containers, or multiple bags to ensure no leaks or damage will occur during shipping. Bags/containers are then placed into 3/4-1″ styro-lined containers to maintain consistent temperatures, and to protect them from the outdoor elements during shipping. Hot/Cold packs are then placed inside to ensure proper temp. All containers are then placed in corrugated boxes and shipped overnight to arrive at your doorstep/local FedEx facility the very next day.
Standard DOA Policies
- Over the years of receiving shipped livestock, we’ve found that the only carrier we can rely on and trust is FedEx. When your order ships, you will receive an e-mail containing your item number(s) and tracking number in order to make arrangements to sign for your order on arrival.
- In the rare event that you receive a damaged or dead (DOA) coral, please send CLEAR pictures within 2 hours of arrival time. For any DOA corals we will issue a full credit for the price of the coral or will offer a replacement coral of the same variety and comparable size.
- Shipping costs will not be refunded or credited due to DOA corals. If a customer wishes to receive only the replacement coral(s), shipping will be at the expense of the customer.
- Please Note: All livestock will require an “Direct Signature” for delivery. This means someone from your home must sign for the delivery. Packages WILL NOT be left on a doorstep without a signature. For packages that are signed for by a neighbor, the standard DOA policy will be void.
- We also suggest having your order shipped to your local FedEx facility for hold until pick-up. This prevents your animals from traveling around in the back of a hot/cold FedEx truck all day long. Also, most packages are available for pick-up by 8:30am local time. Should you choose this option, we require pick-up within 3hrs of arrival of your package. In order to have your package held at your local FedEx, please make a note in the “comments” section of the checkout page, or shoot us an email right after your purchase.
- Carrier delays due to mechanical failures, weather, or random acts of God which result in loss will not be covered under the guarantee.
- If a package is rejected for any reason, the customer will be responsible for the full cost of the shipping invoice.
- Special orders or “cut-to-order” frags will require an average of 2-weeks healing prior to shipment to ensure a healthy specimen.
- Any orders which are cancelled must be done so within 24 hours and are subject to a 25% restocking fee. • Discounted shipments to NC and SC are handled via FedEx ground and are generally delivered by 11am, however more rural areas may experience a later delivery. Shipping via this reduced price shipping discounts our DOA policy.
*Please note that any other discounts or coupon codes cannot be used when receiving free shipping.